WhatsApp only displays the phone number on some of your correspondents? Edit their file in the messaging system to add their first and last name to your contact list on your mobile.
When you set up WhatsApp for the first time, the messaging app draws your address book to determine your contacts who are using the app in order to generate a dedicated record in the app. But over time, it's likely that you'll share your number with new people without necessarily adding them to your smartphone's address book. In this case, if they send you a message on WhatsApp, the messaging app does not identify them with their name, but only with their phone number. To help you find your way around and find out who is writing to you, all you have to do is create a contact card directly from WhatsApp. The contact will then be saved and identified in your WhatsApp contacts, and a dedicated card will also be created in your smartphone's address book. The operation is very simple, on Android and iOS.
How to change the name of a contact WhatsApp on Android ?
It is very easy to create a new contact in your Android phonebook from a chat on WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone and go to the tab Disc. To view your conversations.
- Then enter the discussion of your unidentified contact, and press his number at the top of the screen.
- In the page that opens, tap the three dots at the top right.
- Select Add to Contacts.
- In the pop-up displayed at the bottom of the screen, choose to Create a contact.
- Enter the first and last name of the contact, and press the button Save, top right to save the file in WhatsApp.
- Your contact is now identified in WhatsApp, and their contact card has also been saved in the Android Contacts application.
How to change the name of a WhatsApp contact on iOS ?
It is very easy to create a new contact in your iOS address book from a chat on WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and go to the Discussions.
- Enter the conversation of the unidentified correspondent in the application and press his telephone number, at the top of the screen
- Then choose Create a new contact
- Then enter their first and last name, and press Save.
- Your contact is now identified in WhatsApp, and a contact card in his name has been created in the address book application of your smartphone.