If you have a PC running Windows you will most likely know Windows DVD Maker, the software that allows you to burn a DVD. In Windows Vista and Windows 7, Windows DVD Maker is available for download and with it you can make the burning a DVD starting from video / audio / photo multimedia files. But Windows DVD Maker has numerous limitations especially related to video formats which are often NOT compatible for burning.
Su Windows 10, Windows 8 / 8.1 Unfortunately, Windows DVD Maker is missing, and many people have therefore been busy looking for one Valid alternative to this program in order to create DVDs from your PC. Below we want to point out what we believe to be the 3 best alternatives to Windows DVD Maker (even for Windows 10).
1. DVD Creator (for PC and Mac)
DVD Creator is a powerful “DVD burner” application that can burn DVD discs from any file. Many people have chosen this program to replace Windows DVD Maker. It supports all Windows operating systems and is also available for Mac users. Here are the main features of DVD Creator:
- Burn DVD discs from over 150 media file types.
- High burning speed.
- Apply background music special effects to personalize your DVD and create photo slideshows.
- Provides ready-made themes and menu templates for DVD.
- It has editing tools to modify the project before burning.
- Several DVD output formats are available such as DVD disc, ISO files, etc.
Download DVD Creator in free demo version for PC or Mac:
2. BURNOVA (for PC)
Burnova is a new program (for Windows) designed to burn high quality DVDs. We recommend that you try it out and read the detailed guide at the following link: how to burn DVD with Burnova
3．Video Converter Ultimate
Video Converter Ultimate is an application with multiple features as it allows both the conversion of video files and their burning to DVD. For many it represents the best Windows DVD Maker alternative thanks to its high compatibility with any video format. Besides converting videos to other formats, it allows converting videos to DVD for burning. Here are the main features of this program:
- Burn DVDs without quality loss and at high speed
- Provides DVD menu templates and themes.
- It has video editing tools.
- It supports all media file formats
- Available for both Windows and Mac OS
Screenshot (click to enlarge):
Nero Platinum is the perfect software when you get stuck with Windows DVD Maker. It has a lot of options and has high compatibility with different video formats to better replace the use of Windows DVD Maker. Here are the main reasons that make Nero Platinum a viable alternative to Windows DVD Maker.
- Burn media files in any DVD format.
- It supports many input file formats for burning.
- One click is all it takes to convert and burn discs.
- Support mobile devices and streaming TV.
- Easy and super fast DVD burner.
Screenshot (click to enlarge)
Other valid alternatives to Windows DVD Maker can be found in the following article: best DVD burning software.Best Alternatives to Windows DVD Maker -