Your AZERTY keyboard suddenly refuses to obey you by writing everything wrong? Don't panic, your device may have switched to QWERTY mode. To be sure, try typing the letters AZERTY. If you get QWERTY, your keyboard has simply changed mode!
All you have to do is follow our tutorial dedicated to teaching you how to organize your workstation on Windows 10 to change a QWERTY keyboard to AZERTY!
Quickly bring your keyboard back to AZERTY mode under Windows?If your computer is configured under Windows 10, here is how to return to AZERTY mode :
- 1. Click on the Start button;
- 2. Enter Control Panel> Clock> Language and Region;
- 3. Click on Regional and Language Options;
- 4. Select Add under Installed Services;
- 5. Double-click on a language displaying Spain / Belgium or Luxembourg;
- 6. Under "Keyboard", select the "AZERTY keyboard" layout;
- 7. Click OK to validate.
For computers configured under Windows 8 or Windows 7, you just need to test the following key combinations (press the keys in the order given):
- Maj + Alt Gr
- May + Alt
- Alt + Maj
To change your keyboard language, use one of these key combinations again.
How to block your keyboard in AZERTY?It is also possible to remove the QWERTY keyboard, to avoid errors! The procedure to follow is rather simple:
- Click on the Start button;
- Enter the Control Panel then on Clock, language and region;
- Then click on Change keyboards or other input methods;
- Click on Modify keyboards ...;
- Select the type of keyboard to remove (eg EN for QWERTY mode);
- Finally click on Remove then OK.
This allows your keyboard to no longer switch to QWERTY mode.
Find our tutorials to help you organize your workstation on Windows 10:
- How to make the font bigger on Windows 10?
- How to create a guest session on Windows 10?
- How do I view my documents on Windows 10?
- How to view my desktop on Windows 10?
- How to change the wallpaper on Windows 10?
- How to unzip a .zip file on Windows 10?
- How to compress a .zip file on Windows 10?
- How to lock and unlock the taskbar on Windows 10?
- How to remove your Windows 10 password?
- How to use two screens on Windows 10?
- The essential Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts
- How to create or delete a user account on Windows 10?
- How to free up disk space on Windows 10?
- How to recover deleted file on Windows 10?
- How to delete the Windows.old folder?
- How to show file extension on Windows 10?
- How to activate dark mode on Windows 10?
- How to schedule software to automatically launch when Windows 10 starts?
- How to disable the automatic launch of software when Windows 10 starts?
- How to adjust brightness on Windows 10?