George W. Bailey / Shutterstock.com
In recent months, Nintendo has allowed users to Nintendo Switch transfer information about a user from one console to another. Here's how to do it
Nintendo Switch allows a user's data to be transferred from one console to another. This concerns profile, backup data and eShop purchases. Useful especially if you change console, or if a second Nintendo Switch arrives in the home. For this, you obviously need the source console, but also the target console.
On the source console:
1. In the Home menu, select “Console settings”, then “Users”, and finally “Transfer a user and their saved data”
2. Then select "Source console" to specify that you want to transfer data from this console.
3. Select "Continue" before continuing with the preparations for the transfer to the target console.
On the target console:
4. In the Home menu, select “Console settings”, then “Users”, and finally “Transfer a user and their saved data”
5. Select "Target console" to specify that you want to transfer data to this console.
6. Select “Login” then choose if you want to login using your Login ID or the email address registered to your Nintendo Account.
7. Enter the email address registered to your Nintendo Account or the associated Login ID, followed by your password, and select “Login”.To complete the operation, return to the source console, and select the "Transfer" command.
Note that it is only possible to transfer data from one user at a time, which means that you can transfer user profiles in any order you want.