- Versatile game creation software
- Fighting Game Creation Software
- Role-playing game creation software
- Other software
If you are not a programmer, but want to create your video game, very accessible software can help you. They allow you to perform role-playing games, fights or actions in 2D and 3D.
Versatile game creation software
- Game Develop. Game Develop (free) is an easy-to-use video game creation software (eg platform, race). The graphical interface has built-in editors. You can insert images, and configure your animations without going through programming languages.
- Game Maker. Game Maker (version 7.0 compatible with Vista) is also very intuitive, it allows you to create online multiplayer games in 2D and 3D. Paid software with trial version. The tutorials and instructions are available in French.
Fighting Game Creation Software
- MUGEN. MUGEN is a free 2D fighting game creation software. It offers you to integrate characters, backgrounds and sound effects thanks to a library of multimedia files (texts, graphics and sounds). It usually takes a few weeks to get started with the software.
- 2d Fighter Maker 2015. 2d Fighter Maker 2015 is a more user-friendly fighting game engine than MUGEN. The possibilities for configuring the scenery and the characters are less. But its functions are more extensive (more than 5 fighters simultaneously, role-playing function).
Role-playing game creation software
- RPG Maker RPG Maker (paid software) allows you to create role-playing games (RPG = Role Playing Game). It can also be used to design two-dimensional video games, such as racing games.
MPGC - Multi Platform Game Creator (free), Game Factory 2 (paid)