With the launch of Windows 2015 in the summer of 10, Microsoft revised its distribution methods, going so far as to market its flagship operating system for the first time in the form of a USB key.
If DVD versions are still sold, especially in OEM, it can be practical to create your own Windows 10 USB installation key, especially when you have acquired the system online through the Microsoft Store (for example).
We offer you this step-by-step guide to creating a Windows 10 installation USB key. To complete this process, you will need a USB key with a minimum capacity of 4 GB. quality, minimum speed, so that the installation does not take too long.
1. Download Windows 10 Media Creation ToolThe creation of our USB key requires the media creation tool of Windows 10. It is downloaded on this page (be careful to choose the 32 or 64 bits version depending on your host system):
- Windows 10: DVD and USB media creation tool
Start the retrieved * .EXE file.
2. Choose the type of installation
Select "Create installation media for another PC" on the first screen and click "Next".
3. Which version of Windows?
In this new screen, select your language, "Spanish", the edition of Windows 10 that you want to install and for which you have a valid license (usually Windows 10 Home or Professional), then choose the 32 or 64 bit edition and click on "Next".
4. Creation of the USB installation medium
Arrived at the third step select the creation "USB flash memory disk" and click on "Next".
5. Choose the media
Now indicate the destination drive, in other words the USB key to host the Windows 10 setup program. Note that its content will be erased and click on "Next".
6. Download Windows 10 and create the USB key
Windows 10 media creation program now downloads Windows 10: this will be slower or slower depending on your internet connection.
7. Actual creation of the USB key
In the wake of the download, the program goes on to create the key itself: you just have to wait more or less long depending on the speed of your system and your USB key, in particular.
8. The Windows 10 USB key is created!Once the key has been created, a screen displays the success of the operation and invites you to click next; the wizard disappears after a quick cleaning. Your USB stick is ready. All you have to do is start any machine with the USB key plugged in and select a boot from the USB key to initiate the installation.
Your USB key thus created, its content should more or less look like this illustration:
9. The importance of the licensePlease note, the creation of an installation USB installation key does not exempt you from having an authentic and original license of Windows 10 to be able to activate the OS in due form.
- Windows 10 in test: reconciliation?