This tip brings together tips from different versions of Windows to create a repair disc for your system, using the built-in Windows software.
System recovery options can help you repair Windows in the event of a serious error (Windows no longer starting). To use these options, you need a Windows installation disc or access the recovery options provided by your computer manufacturer. If you do not have either, you can create a repair disc to access system recovery options.
- In Windows 10
- In Windows 8.1
- In Windows 8
- In Windows 7
- Under Vista
- Other useful links
In Windows 10
- see this link
In Windows 8.1
- Create and use a recovery disc in Windows 8.1
In Windows 8
- Create and use a recovery disc in Windows 8
In Windows 7
- Create a repair disc in Windows 7
- Vista Recovery Console on bootable CD
Other useful links
- Windows: Create an installation USB key
- Create a system image on Windows
- What are the system recovery options in Windows 7?