Both instant messaging and social network, Snapchat has grown significantly since its inception. And if the app is primarily aimed at a young audience, nothing prevents you from tasting it by taking advantage of its many fun features.
Snapchat is a free mobile app that serves as both instant messaging and social networking. It mainly appeals to a young audience, thanks to its playful side and its many visual effects (the famous filters). We discuss, exchange photos and videos but not only. You can publish stories (short, funny and ephemeral videos, like on TikTok) and subscribe to those of others. The content published in the stories comes from both celebrities and more traditional media. If Snapchat has been enriched over the years, it has retained its particularity: photos and videos automatically disappear after a few hours. One way to stay spontaneous.
Snapchat is intended for mobile use only, with the website primarily serving as a storefront. To use Snapchat, just download the app, enter an email address, date of birth and you can start chatting with your friends.
- Download and install the app version suitable for your mobile device (Android or iOS).
Download Snapchat for Android
Download Snapchat for iOS
- launch the app. A beautiful screen on a garish yellow background (the color of the network) is displayed. Press on Registration.
- The screen changes. Press the blue button Continue.
- Several authorization requests follow one another. The first concerns your contacts. You can accept and find your friends more easily, but this gives you access to all the contacts saved on your mobile. For now, it is better to keep control over the information shared with the app. Press on Decline.
- Conversely, the following authorization is required to make calls directly from the Snapchat app. Press on To allow.
- The screen changes and a form appears for you to indicate your first and last name. You can put in fancy names if you want, but you might not be immediately recognized by your friends afterwards. Push the button I register and I accept.
- A new screen asks you to specify your date of birth. Indicate it in the field provided then press Continue.
- Snapchat then displays a username that it has made from your first and last name. If it suits you press Continue, otherwise press the sentence in blue Change my username.
- The screen changes. In the field Username, enter the one of your choice. The app checks as you type if it is available. If so, press Continue.
- A new screen appears to set your password. No recommendation or restriction from Snapchat, just eight characters minimum. Press on Continue.
- The screen changes and you arrive at the registration validation procedure. You have the choice to do so either by phone or by email.
- By phone: enter your phone number in the box provided, then press Send a code. A code is sent by SMS to your phone and must be copied into the app. If the application detects the SMS, the code is automatically detected and copied and the registration is validated.
- To validate your registration by e-mail, press the sentence in blue Register with an email address at the top of the screen. Press on Continue. However, expect to be relaunched very regularly by Snapchat to provide it with a valid phone number ...
- Enter your email address in the box provided, then press Continue. A confirmation message is sent to your usual mailbox, but you can continue the process without waiting for it to be received. You will just have to think about doing it after your discovery of Snapchat.
- The app asks you again to access your contacts. Press on Pass at the very top of the screen on the right.
- A control box on the same subject is superimposed on the screen. Press one last time Pass.
- On the other hand, on the next screen, press Enable to allow Snapchat to use your camera, and give the access permissions that appear next.
- And there you have it, your registration is complete. You get to the Snapchat home screen and you can start using it. Also remember to check your emails to validate your email address.
Snapchat is a free mobile app that serves as both instant messaging and social networking. It mainly appeals to a young audience, thanks to its playful side and its many visual effects (the famous filters). We discuss, ...
I manage my push subscriptions
- Create a snapchat account
- I want to create an account on snapchat [solved]> Forum - Snapchat
- Have two Snapchat accounts on iPhone> Forum - Snapchat
- Use Snapchat for a business or brand
- 2 Snapchat accounts [solved]> Forum - Snapchat
- Connection to two Snapchat accounts at the same time [solved]> Forum - Snapchat
- Delete a Snapchat account: how to close it easily