Is your phone number on mailing lists and you keep receiving calls from hidden numbers? A feature on iOS makes it possible to guard against this kind of inconvenience. We explain how to configure your iPhone to activate it in this new tutorial.
In fact, there are several ways to deal with this problem. Natively, it is possible to block a number on iOS, but not outright prevent a hidden number from calling. This will require a third-party application such as Truecaller.
Block unwanted calls on iPhone
- Open the app Phone after receiving an unwanted call
- Go to the tab Recent, identify the number in question then press the "i" icon located to the right of the number
- At the bottom of the page, tap Block this correspondent
- Confirm by pressing Block contact
Block incoming calls from strangers with Do Not Disturb
- Open the app Settings
- Look for the submenu Do not disturb
- REACH Do not disturb, then scroll down to consult the menu Allow calls from. Set the tolerance to All contacts. Anyone not in your address book will be unable to call you.
Block anonymous calls with a third-party app
- See you in theApp Store and download Truecaller or any other similar application.
- Launch Truecaller and follow the steps to create your account
- Truecaller will ask you to grant it certain permissions. Go to the app Settings and Phone> Call blocking and identification and simply check the app you just installed in the list
Note also that you can get closer to your telephone operator in order to activate, at the level of this one, a blocking of the numbers identified as spam. the government department Bloctel also allows you to register your phone number in a protected register.
Find other tutorials to help you configure and keep your iPhone up to date:
- How to change the wallpaper on my iPhone?
- How to change the unlock code on my iPhone?
- How to deactivate the unlock code on my iPhone?
- How to activate the unlock code on my iPhone?
- How to activate Touch ID on my iPhone?
- How to deactivate Touch ID on your iPhone?
- How to register new fingers with Touch ID on your iPhone?
- How to deactivate Face ID on your iPhone?
- How to activate Face ID on my iPhone?
- How to register a second face with Face ID on my iPhone?
- How to customize the control center on my iPhone?
- How to activate the flash when you receive a notification on your iPhone?
- How to change the ringtone of your iPhone?
- How to configure Apple Pay?
- How to block a phone number on iPhone?
- How to block unknown numbers on iPhone?
- How to update your iPhone?