Want to remove the Google search bar from the home screen of your Android smartphone or tablet? In this quick tutorial, we've provided you with four super-quick ways to make sure you get it right every time!
Almost all Android smartphones and tablets have a Google search bar on the home screen. A search bar which can be very useful for some users; but if you are reading this tutorial, it is undoubtedly because it does not serve you much / you want to replace it / you want to have a home screen as stripped down as possible (cross out the unnecessary mention). The method differs slightly depending on the model, but once you know the trick it is usually extremely simple.
How to remove Google search bar on Android
To remove the Google search bar on an android smartphone or tablet:
- Long press on the search bar
- touch Remove ou Hide or drag the bar to the trash according to your model
- Go to Settings> Applications ou Apps
- Touch the app Google and deactivate it
- Restart your smartphone to say goodbye to it permanently;)
- Press and hold on an empty area of the home screen
- touch Settings ou Parameters in the options list
- Uncheck Show Google Toolbar on Home Screen
- Install an alternative Launcher like Apex Launcher or Nova Launcher
This last method is practically the only one that works on the Google Pixel and Pixel 2. Of course, there is always an alternative: that of rooting your Android smartphone or installing an alternative ROM such as LineageOS. Root allows you to do whatever you want, while alternative ROMs generally all allow you to remove the infamous search bar. However, it is a much longer method, and above all we wanted to give you an extremely fast method that does not take more than a few seconds.
If you know of another quick way to remove the Google search bar from the home screen, please share it with the community in the comments!